Speaker Stands - Advice

ahxcjb

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm about to purchase some KEF Q300's. I've been recommend the Soundstyle Z2ii speaker stands. However, I'm not sure how i 'fix' these speakers to the stands? Do I use blu-tak? Surely there is a supported method to properly 'lock' the speaker in?

Second quick question if I may, I'm going to go for the Q300's with a Pioneer VSX921 and KEF C6LCR centre speaker.

Can anyone see any issues with the current proposed setup?

Many thanks!

I use blutack with my rear speakers on stands and it is a great cost effective way to attach the speakers to the stand and it works.

I may swap to using blue tack, currently I use the soft section of a couple of mouse mats

I've got the Z2ii, and I don't secure my speakers to them - the soft gel pads are quite sticky and will stop the speaker sliding off or moving if it's only a small knock on them. Obviously if you punt them it's gonna cause a problem, but that's the case even if they're screwed on!

Blue tak all the way... but can mark your speakers... Mouse mats are good well depending on the material used in them.

I have considered asking my sister for some bits of material she uses for making custom innersoles, it comes in a range of densities

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom