1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Speaker stand recommendation??

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by AllYourBase, Sep 1, 2005.

1. AllYourBase

AllYourBase
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I just aqquired a new hifi system with some bookshelf speakers (KEF Coda). The speakers are 300mm tall, the width is 180mm and the length of the speaker from back to front is 260mm.

I want to have a stand to have them 600mm off the ground, would something like this:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI....item=5801786645

be suitable? I am a bit concerned that they might not sit down well as the speaker is slightly bigger than the base - do they just sit there or secure somehow?

Any recommendations or advice would be great!! :)

2. Londondecca

Londondecca

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +96
    Normally speakers rest on top of the stands which have upward mounted spikes. If the speakers are slightly bigger than the stands it would not dramatically effect the sound quality.

As long as the stands can hold the speakers firmly ie the stands do not move or rock in any way, you should be fine

3. AllYourBase

AllYourBase
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    so the spikes pierce the wood of the speaker case and hold it firmly in place? - sorry to ask such dumb questions, just want to know what i am looking for!!? :thumbsup: