1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Speaker stand for Mission M7C1?

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by Ex-Ronny, Jul 31, 2002.

1. Ex-Ronny

Ex-Ronny
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm thinking of replacing my current M7C1 with an M7C2, and using my M7C1 as a rear center. I can't seem to find any stands that will fit this speaker. Any ideas? Thanks.

2. AshF

AshF
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hmmm, interesting question. I'm also replacing my M7C1 with a M7C2 but I need to find a way of securing it to a wall. Currently I've got two screws in the wall that the M7C1 slots into, perhaps you can try that. Anybody know of a smart solution for putting a M7C2 on the wall? I was thinking of a small shelf but this might look untidy.

3. Ex-Ronny

Ex-Ronny
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the tip. Problem is that there IS no wall to mount the M7C1. :)

Behind the sofa I sit in when I'm watching movies, there's about 4 meters of livingroom. I think I'll have to try mounting the rear center (M7C1) from the ceiling..?

BTW: I ordered the M7C2 today, and I really hope it's as good as many of you here have said.

4. mr_wriggly

mr_wriggly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Got my M7C2 today from HiFiBitz. (only £120) Hasn't run in properly yet, but I'm betting you won't be disappointed! :D

So does the C1 has the necessary gubbins at the back for wall-mounting? I'm thinking of getting one for centre-rear myself. More expense. Oh dear...

5. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    how about just joining i pair together, and lay the speaker over the plates, which should accomadate

6. AshF

AshF
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ex-Ronny

If you've got 4 meters behind your sofa how about putting a nice cabinet there and putting 2 M7C2 next to each other on top of it. Then you can store some DVDs or something in the cabinet or better still another amp!

mr_wriggly

Yes the M7C1 has two slots in the back so that you can put 2 screws into a wall and slot it over. Unfortunately the M7C2 doesn't. Make sure the head of the screw is small enough to go in and big enough so it doesn't come out when locked.

Ash

7. Ex-Ronny

Ex-Ronny
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    AshF: :D I know! Been trying to tell this to my lovely wife, but she insists that we "need" that space free... If you're married you probably know what's gonna happen to that space? Nothing.

I think I'll have to make some sort of mounting device to attach the M7C1 to the ceiling. That's the best I can get permission to do.

As for the M7C2; I have a perfect shelf just above the TV to place it, so that's not a problem for me.