1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Speaker Sockets?

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by Canary_Jules, Sep 10, 2003.

1. Canary_Jules

Canary_Jules

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +757
    Hi all. My builders are nearly finished constructing an extension to my house and have asked me to come up with ideas for where I want electric sockets etc. I had read in a mag that it was a good idea to get speaker wire built in to the walls so as to avoid wire trailing all over the shop - my wife often complains that my present set up looks like spaghetti. So I think I might do this. Has any one else out there done it? If so how do you take the wires from the wall to the speakers without leaving an ugly gaping hole there? Are there such things as speaker sockets? Also, any one recommend some decent speaker wire and where to get it from?

Could do with some help as my builder wants a response by Friday!

Cheers.

Jules

2. alexs2

alexs2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,674
    There definitely are speaker sockets suitable for the job...either banana type or XLR will do very nicely,and should be easily available,especially from somewhere like Maplins.
    As to the wire itself,it may be worth feedingit via decent diameter trunking,so if you ever decide to change it,you can do so without ripping the walls to bits again.
    As for choice....anything from QED etc at the lower end,and upwards from there,depending on your budget.

3. Mylo

Mylo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +372
  4. Canary_Jules

Canary_Jules

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +757
    That's excellent guys! The sockets look just the business. Thanks for your help.

Jules.