• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Speaker setups in Professional Cinemas

T

tim2inc

I have a keen eye and just been looking round the movie theatres that Ive been into recently. I assume the front speakers/centre and subs are hidden behind the front screen but instead of having one speaker on each side there are three generally and 2 to 4 speakers at the rear, is there a special type of amplifier that is able to decode the audio to up to 15 channels or are these side and rear speakers connected together in parallel or series? could never figure it out. Is there a website that tells about the setups in cinemas?. Thanks for any info.

John

This would probably be a good place to start for amp/decoder info . Speakers ? I don't know . Probably big ones

John

BENN0

Established Member
afaik cinema uses the same surround formats as home cinema does (the other way around really). With the exception of Sony's SDDS

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom