Speaker setup

Teppid

Standard Member
Hi,

Trying to get the best sound possible and need some expert advice, hence I turn to you all

I have Onyko 605 and Quad L-ite Speakers and SW.

It is a small front room with the front and centre speakers either side and under the TV. The side surrounds are wall mounted either side of the listening position higher pointing down.

Here is what Audessey set me as.

SP Distance:

Front 2.40m
Centre 2.40m
Surround Right 2.10m
Surround Left 2.70m
Sub 1.80m

SP Level:

Left +1.0db
Centre 0.0db
Right +1.0db
Surround Right 0.0db
Surround Left +3.0db
Sub -5.0db

SP Config:

Sub Yes
Front Full Band
Centre 120hz
Surround Full band

What do you think? does it look right? The distances are spot on btw.

Thank you

Tepp

Robsk1

Hi,
Here is what Audessey set me as.

SP Distance:

Front 2.40m
Centre 2.40m
Surround Right 2.10m
Surround Left 2.70m
Sub 1.80m

SP Level:

Left +1.0db
Centre 0.0db
Right +1.0db
Surround Right 0.0db
Surround Left +3.0db
Sub -5.0db

SP Config:

Sub Yes
Front Full Band
Centre 120hz
Surround Full band

What do you think? does it look right? The distances are spot on btw.

Thank you

Tepp
The config should be changed as the satellites only get down to 70hz and the centre down to 80. I set mine to 80 then 100 and listened to the difference and then left them at 100 for all channels and set the LFE to 120.

My SP level is is +3 front & centre, +4 rear & +3 sub. These have been tweaked manually and i'm forever tweaking them them slightly.

HTH.

Rob.

Teppid

Standard Member
Hi and thank you. Just set to 100 and noticed a big improvment. 1 question you have your sub at +3db is it far away? just wondered why mine was set to -5db

Robsk1

Hi and thank you. Just set to 100 and noticed a big improvment. 1 question you have your sub at +3db is it far away? just wondered why mine was set to -5db
Not far. Right next to the main sofa and in a corner. Not ideal but i will be trying another position soon.

I never ran Audessey, i'd read a few dodgy posts about it and just thought my ears should be the judge. I'd have tweaked it anyway so i just thought i'd do the whole lot manually.

Change the setting for the sub yourself and see if you like it. If you ask people on the sub forum about this they'd advise you to get an SPL meter to get the best from a sub. Use it in conjunction with some freeware, of which unfortunately i cannot remember the name of but there should be a fair few references to it in the forum.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Panasonic HX800 TV + Sony HT-G700 Soundbar reviews, movie and TV show news and reviews
Top Bottom