• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

speaker setup

iiggoorr

Standard Member
Hi,

First a little introduction into my problem :)
I have a bit older Tehnics receiver which has only Dolby pro logic sound processor (not even Dolby pro logic 2 ). Further more it doesn't have any kind of digital or optical input.
I have bought new LCD TV witch like most LCD TVs doesn't have match of the speakers :), so I will connect my TV to receiver via scart on the TV side and chinch stereo on the reciever side (scart is the only non digital audio output on my TV set).
Even if I had newer receiver with digital surround capabilities, my room setup wouldn't allow more than three speakers.
I am planing to invest about 250$ for the new set of front speakers which would be about 2.5 meters (8.2') apart.
I am thinking about buying center speaker as well since my receiver has Dolby pro logic and what is called 3 stereo mode ( for R C L speaker configuration).

The question.
Do you think that center speaker would change sound experience in a way that its price wouldn't be a waste.

Thanks in advance, and sorry if this is a question for another forum.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom