Speaker setup in this room

dhwuay

Novice Member
Hi all

I am in the process of building a home and not sure about the best (if any) sound setup I should implement in my main living area.

I have attached my floor plan and some 3d images on the links below:

Link 1
Link 2
Link 3

Basically there's an entrance (3m high ceiling) that leads into a living area on the right (6m high void) and another area on the left (3m high ceiling). The dashed line in the floor plan is just to show separation of the two areas (different heights), this isn't a wall, it's all open. I've also shown a section of what the TV wall looks like. I have to maintain min. 300mm clearance from the fire place.

Absolutely no idea what to do here, I know it's not an ideal room for sound, but any suggestions would be better than audio directly out of the TV. I need it to look aesthetically pleasing too, so placing floor standing speakers around the room isn't an option for us.

Love to hear your thoughts!

ShanePJ

AVForums Sponsor
I've tried looking at the photo's and I'm not sure if its my end, but I just get a timer without any images loading plus link 3 is dead. If you are able to upload the photos se we can see via the site, that would help everyone help you :)

Gasp3621

Distinguished Member
Link 3 dead. The first two working. I think OP lives in Australia?

Capture (1).PNG

capture 2.png

Conrad

Link three just needs an adjustment:

ShanePJ

AVForums Sponsor
It would seem a shame to spoil the room with a ton of speakers, so I would look at filling the room with sound using in-ceiling speakers. I feel you will never be able to get the sound just right due to the open plan, but if you are able to add a two or three in-wall subwoofers to try and create some depth, this will help plus a very good av solution which has a great eq system should be able to balance out something to create a reasonable solution in a room which doesn't really work for surround sound

If you are outside of the UK, I would say, get a local (recommended) installer to help you plan the room properly as it will not work without some good input

password1

Distinguished Member
The main issue I can see is the fireplace. It's a heat source directly under the TV and that's where a centre speaker can go.

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: Streaming Theatrical Releases And The Future Of Cinema
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom