Speaker setup for Marantz SR8015

byju

Novice Member
Hi All,
I was using Yamaha TSR 7850 receiver with Polk 2T50, 2T15 and T30 as 5.2 setup with Subwoofers Klipsch Reference R-12SW 2" and Polk HTS 10. Recently got Marantz SR 8015, configured Center as Infinity R252, FL/FR as Infinity R253s, SL/SR as Klipsch R24Fs, SBL/SBR as Polk T50s and 4 Polk T15 flying speakers with Subwoofers Klipsch Reference R-12SW 2" and Polk HTS 10. Media room is 14'x18'. I did the initial setup with Marantz Audyssey and already there are is a day and night difference from Yamaha TSR 7850 setup. Do you have any suggestion to improve the system setup and performance and my budget is another $2-3K for the speakers.

DaveWillo

The Audyssey Multi EQ app costs $20 and lets you fine tune the setup of the amp (there's a thread all about it somewhere on here). Much cheaper than new speakers 👍

Gasp3621

Distinguished Member
Hi All,
I was using Yamaha TSR 7850 receiver with Polk 2T50, 2T15 and T30 as 5.2 setup with Subwoofers Klipsch Reference R-12SW 2" and Polk HTS 10. Recently got Marantz SR 8015, configured Center as Infinity R252, FL/FR as Infinity R253s, SL/SR as Klipsch R24Fs, SBL/SBR as Polk T50s and 4 Polk T15 flying speakers with Subwoofers Klipsch Reference R-12SW 2" and Polk HTS 10. Media room is 14'x18'. I did the initial setup with Marantz Audyssey and already there are is a day and night difference from Yamaha TSR 7850 setup. Do you have any suggestion to improve the system setup and performance and my budget is another $2-3K for the speakers.

The Yamaha receiver costs 400$ and Marantz 3800$ so no suprise it sounds lot better. :) The Infinity speakers are rated good, but the Klipsch and Polk gear you have is entry level stuff which doesn´t really belong with such high cost receiver.

The subwoofers you have are quite poor. I would start swapping those first! What to get depends price, size requirements and what kind of experience you are after. You do have great selection of products from ID companies that specialize in woofers as you live in Texas, US. The change will be dramatic if your usage is mostly action/scifi/horror type flicks/series. Those subs you have now has high port tuning so you are missing lot of effects and the sound quality is not at the level you want. Click on my name Gasp3621 and press "start conversation", send me private message if you want to have few options looked if intrested. This is av-receiver section so better to talk via PM.

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: We review Dune and ask which is the best decade for horror movies?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom