• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Question Speaker Setup for a clueless individual

ODB_69

Distinguished Member
Title says it all really. I love gadgets but when it comes to speakers I am clueless. I know names but I don't know quality

Currently using Onkyo HTP-638 that came as part of a package a few years back. They are ok and do the job but having just moved from an Onkyo NR636 to a Denon x2300w I figured maybe I wasnt getting the best out of the setup

Currently in a standard 5.1 configuration, so looking for something better than the ones I have where even as a non-audiophile I will be able to tell the difference (I've already noticed a difference changing amp). Fairly open to what to get but I need the complete kit so just looking for ideas and knowledge.

My only stipulations are:
Black/dark etc
All wall mountable (DENON hates floor standing unlike myself)
Preferably same sort of size, room layout wouldn't accommodate a massive size difference
Atmos optional
Considerably better than what I already have

Now as I'm no audiophile I don't want to go mental so looking around £600 budget. Can go to more if I need or it's the best option and can justify it

General tv/gaming/movie use. Also used with projector occasionally

Last edited:

gibbsy

You should really be looking at spending two to three times the cost of the receiver on speakers. So taking the original price of the 2300 that is a budget of between £1000 to £1500. There are plenty of good speaker packages within this price range, and slightly below, that would sit easily with the Denon.

These MA Bronze 2 are very well thought of and many members with various Denon favour Monitor Audio.
Monitor Audio BRONZE 2 5.1 Black | 5.1 Speaker Package | Richer Sounds

The front standmounts can be wall mounted with something like tge B-tech bt77 brackets.
B-Tech BT77 - Ultragrip ProTM Side Clamping Loudspeaker Wall Mounts with Tilt and Swivel - Finished in Black: Amazon.co.uk: TV

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom