1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

speaker sets

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by MN-phoenix, May 12, 2004.

1. MN-phoenix

MN-phoenix

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    So I am moving into a townhouse in a month or so and have the opportunity to buy a new set of surround sound speakers or add to the speakers I have now. Not knowing too much about it I would really appreciate any opinions you all might have. First if I bought a new set of surround speakers and sub, I would only be spending around 500-600. Second, if I add on to what I have, I would need a center and possibly rear center. I have a set of CF-150's which I absolutely love and a set of JBL TLX-151's. I don't know if these speakers would compliment e/o with the addition of a center. What do y'all think? Another slight option to think about is noise. I really hate the thought of me parting with my CF150's as I know they can shake a 4 story, 50 y.o. stone house from top to bottom, but I won't be doing that too much in the new townhouse...just another card to throw in the hand.

Thanks for your time!
    -D-

2. Ian J

Ian J
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,906
    I think that we may have a problem here. Either you can't spell "centre" or you are from the other side of the big blue expanse where they make a habit of mangling English.

If you wished to discuss REL, M&K, Velodyne or even B&W we would be able to converse with you but having Googled "CF 150" I am given the choice of a CF 150 swimming pool filter, a CF 150 Soda Acid Extinguisher, a tripod, a flowguage or a cooker hood.

The CF150 cooker hood looks good value and may fit in very nicely between your main two speakers but I don't think you'll get much sound from it.

3. Philly112

Philly112

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,474
    No, but there may be some when he flies over and bops you on the head with it

4. MN-phoenix

MN-phoenix

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yup, you got it man. I might just think you don't spell "center" right either...to me its the whole potato-potahto thin. Thank you for checking into it though (your googled matches). From the country being so large, someone from New York could have trouble speaking to someone in Louisiana, it is pretty easily to have a "mangled" form of english. But yes, I live in Minnesota, United States. The CF 150's would have been better info if I would have included JBL CF 150. I believe the other speakers I have are not the best quality...but just don't know. I know it all depends on how well you can hear the difference and how much you want to spend. Hence, AVforums.

Thanks again
    -D-