1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Speaker set up

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by Dave911, Jan 30, 2004.

1. Dave911

Dave911

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +34
    Having just purchased the KEF 2005.2 speaker package and a Sony STR-DRB790 amp, (which may I say I am very very impressed with and got the lot for less than a grand), I am in the usual dilema of setting up the speakers properly.

My mate Chewbacca has a Tandy Sound Pressure Meter and he tells me that there is a step by step guide on the net on how to use it, does anyone know of this link?

At the moment I appear to have got things somewhere near to right, particularly the crossover from sats to sub, however I feel the the rears are a bit top heavy, or maybe I am just not used to 5.1, my last amp that I had, before the ex grabbed it, was a straight DPL and did not have half as much rear effect as this. Anyone who has any tips on this particular set up I would love to hear from.

Be careful out there:smashin:

2. 337GUS

337GUS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
  3. Dave911

Dave911

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +34
    Thanx Gus, have had a look at all the links and there is plenty of info to go at, I will now have hours of fun setting it up - well I dont know about the hours of fun bit, but thanx.

Be careful out there :smashin: