1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Speaker set up with Yam 640

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by villaceltic, Jul 9, 2003.

1. villaceltic

villaceltic
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I know this is a speaker type question but I think it relates more to my receiver.

I'm using an SPLM to try to balance all 6 of my speakers. From following advice from related threads I've turned my amp up to 0db and my SPLM to slow, C and set it to 80db. I then test each speaker in turn and turn the volume up/down to get approx 85db from each speaker.

However, and this appears to be the problem, if I cycle through the speakers again they are 'off' the level I've just set them to.

So

Is the amp resetting these to it's own idea of speaker balance (my surround left always comes back louder than it was, my rear and surround right quieter). I did, prior to having the SPLM, try to balance using the distance from each speaker to listening position that the amp has as a setup option.

Also when I check the speaker set up on the sound menu it seems to keep resetting my mains to large (I have Kef KHT's so set to small)

The result is that when playing anything I'm always wandering round listening to each surround to see if there is any sound coming through.

Any ideas?

Macca

:confused:

2. villaceltic

villaceltic
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Have moved question to speakers and subs