1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Speaker selection - help!

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by GaryJ, Dec 29, 2000.

1. GaryJ

GaryJ

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a pair of Tannoy M2.5 being used as straight forward hi-fi speakers. I've now got into home cinema and want to know can I use these as my front speakers? If so when I want to play just cds through the system can I get the sound through these speakers only? Assuming all this is 'yes' what speakers will suffice elsewhere in the system (I am on a tight budget as a result of the wifes lack of understanding)
    Any, yes any, advice warmly received. Thanks
    Gary

2. RMCF

RMCF

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +621
    My God Gary, you do ask a lot of questions. My setup uses Tannoy M2's as the front pair, and I am more than happy with them as they are excellent quality speakers (as you already know) plus they have the added advantage of having plenty of bass (always useful in HC). You will still be able to use them as a stereo pair when playing CDs, as I do. Your amp will play in stereo as well as in 5-channel.

As for speakers to match - why not hunt down a pair of Tannoy M1s. These should be able to be picked up for a decent price now that the MX series has been released. The last time I remember seeing a pair advertised in What HiFi they were around £69. These speakers are award winning and will match your fronts tonally, being from the same range. They are full range and of an excellent quality. Phone your closest Richersounds and see if they have any in stock, or just buy the latest What HiFi.

3. GaryJ

GaryJ

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Brilliant. Thanks for your reply to this and my other queries.