Speaker selection - help, Wharfedale Evo 4.1, Acoustic Energy AE300, Dynavoice Definition DM-6

Mutislav

Novice Member
Hi,

I need help choosing the front speakers. price max 600 €

Wharfedale Evo 4.1 (or Evo 4.2)

Acoustic energy AE300

DYNAVOICE Definition DM-6

Or some older Wharfedale

My AV Receiver Denon AVR-X1600H DAB

Room about 30m2, but I'm not used to listening to a large volume gain. Listening distance about 3.5-4m.

I listen to Pink Floyd, Queen, Oldfield, Hanz Zimmer (generally good movie music)

My front speakers Yamaha NS-7900 have very poor sound. I had a Tannoy Mercury M1 before, but one has a bad tweeter.

It is quite possible that the boxes will stand on a piece of furniture (a long TV table or two, where even the distance from the side / adjacent piece of furniture may not be large), so it certainly adds to the bass ensemble. ... Although I have speaker stands, but probably not fit for new furniture

In any case, I would rather try to focus on the quality of performance rather than quantity. And across the bandwidth from bass to treble. For example, I definitely do not want anything overwhelmed, but balanced from the bottom up.

Rather than parties and discos, I enjoy long-lasting tireless listening with reasonable amplification.

I would like the new shelf loudspeakers to play at least as well as my old Tannoy Mercury M1

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: LG SN7CY Soundbar Review, Hisense 55U7Q, LG Nano90, Best of the Month, B+W Sigourney Weaver
Top Bottom