1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Speaker selection and using old Royd

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by tracer, Jun 18, 2002.

1. tracer

tracer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi about to buy a Marantz 5200 but I want to use my old Royds bookshelve as the front left and right. Might also use old mordant short as the rear. If I do this what centre and subwoofer should?
    If i do not use the mordant shorts as the rear what should I use?
    Thanks

2. Ian J

Ian J
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,906
    Voice matching across the front three speakers is fairly important and the best way to achieve this is to buy a centre speaker from the same range from the same manufacturer.

This is probably impossible in your case if the speakers are old as Royd may not have made a centre speaker at the time.

Try emailing Royd and asking their advice if no Royd users come up with anything more useful.

People say that the rears should also match the fronts but in my opinion that is not so important as it is mainly sound effects that pan from rear to front.

I use Mission M7DS as rears with M&K fronts quite happily

3. ilkand

ilkand

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
  4. Tim Ingman

Tim Ingman
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Don't know if you are interested in this, and sorry I'm a bit late (been on hols), but I have a full Royd set-up with 4 Sorcerers and an AV77 (+ M&K sub) - sounds pretty good to me.