speaker(s) upgrade from Qacoustics q7000i

petro

Novice Member
Hi all,

I'd like to upgrade my qacoustics package but not sure where to start.
I cant upgrade all the speakers in one go so I thought I'd start with the centre speaker. Will my audio sound unbalanced? My amp is a Sony STR-DN1080. Budget for the centre is around £200-300 and preferably good looking too. What would you recommend and why ?

thanks all.

Bronze458

Standard Member
You might notice the difference panning across the front 3 speakers. To minimise this you could get a centre speaker from the same manufacturer.
The previous generation q acoustics concept centre is very good for the money. It will also be a noticeable step up from the 7000i as it has larger drivers and cabinet size.

Or another option would be the centre from the older monitor audio silver range. Either c150 or c350.
They will be quite a step up from the 7000i range and with their price reduction at the moment are some of the best sounding for the money.
As its a different manufacturer you'd been to replace the left and right channels at some point so the sound across the front 3 is matched

petro

Novice Member
You might notice the difference panning across the front 3 speakers. To minimise this you could get a centre speaker from the same manufacturer.
The previous generation q acoustics concept centre is very good for the money. It will also be a noticeable step up from the 7000i as it has larger drivers and cabinet size.

Or another option would be the centre from the older monitor audio silver range. Either c150 or c350.
They will be quite a step up from the 7000i range and with their price reduction at the moment are some of the best sounding for the money.
As its a different manufacturer you'd been to replace the left and right channels at some point so the sound across the front 3 is matched
Thanks, that was very helpful.

The latest video from AVForums

Maverick UK Premiere IMAX Review + Top Gun, Tom Cruise, Tony Scott and 4K + Movie/TV News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom