Speaker replacement advice

New Start Neil

Distinguished Member
I've got the setup as listed in my sig, all's good except I feel the time has come to replace the speakers & the sub.

They are fairly ageing Sony satellite unit's that were part of a fairly ancient 5.1 setup that I got as a present!

I have replaced the centre speaker with one I bought here (an MA unit), & I have already replaced the old Sony amp with a Denon 1906.

'All' I need really are 2 x front speakers, 2 x rear speakers, and maybe a sub too to compliment my Denon amp. :smashin:

I'm very much a n00b when it comes to speakers, but I do appreciate good sound on my DTS disks etc so all advice is welcomed! :thumbsup:

Many thanks.

Dave

Distinguished Member
As you can see from my kit list, I have the svs 5.1 system and it's absolutely outstanding for the money.

I admit that my experience of speakers is very limited compared to many people on here but the svs system just blows me away.

I upgraded from a sony dav-sc5 so obviously they're gonna sound great to me but i'd be surprised if you could find a better set up for the money, especially at the forum power buy price.:smashin:

New Start Neil

Distinguished Member
Nice one, thanks for that. :thumbsup:

The thing is, all I really need is 4 speakers & a sub.

I'm thinking that's probably quite a hard combination to find?

Thanks again.

/me wanders of to the AVF Trading Forums.....:D

Joe Fernand

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
Hello Azzin

Your first stop ought to be Monitor Audio - if your keen to keep the MA Centre channel and find a package that 'voices' well with it.

Otherwise I wouldn't get hung up on retaining the Centre channel as its can be a pain trying to get an 'integrated' sound with a mix of loudspeaker design's and you may get better value if you go for a complete 5.1 package.

I'd throw the Anthony Gallo Nucleus Micro 5.1 'System in a Box' into the ring - you get a complete 5.1 system for 850.00 GBP inc cable and sub interconnect.

See http://www.roundsound.com/home-theater-system.htm

Best regards

Joe

Dave

Distinguished Member
Azzin said:
Nice one, thanks for that. :thumbsup:

The thing is, all I really need is 4 speakers & a sub.

I'm thinking that's probably quite a hard combination to find?

Thanks again.

/me wanders of to the AVF Trading Forums.....:D

As Joe says, you may be better off selling the centre and getting a full 5.1 system because it is hard to find speakers of different brands and types that work well together.:smashin:

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom