Speaker Recommendations Please?

Looks like the sonos amp is a good amp and should work well. Thanks @gava

I have just noticed the 1723 are 92dB sensitivity so shouldn't be hard to drive.

As you suggested I think the priority should be to upgrade the speakers.

Room eq may not be as beneficial in such a large room.

My Sonos AMP is fine for my needs and allows me to group my existing passive speakers with my Sonos Sub and Play One's as rear surrounds so I can benefit from immersive movie soundtracks and music in Dolby Digital 5.1. I also use the multi room capability and group them with my stereo pair of Play One's at the other end of the kitchen so the whole room can be more than adequately filled with sound. Unless I change my whole setup and move away from Sonos completely then changing the amplifier is not an option for me at this time.

Also, after some pain and anguish, my wife has learned to easily operate both the Sonos music app around the house and the Apple TV boxes I have attached to my TV's which is a big plus. I don't really want the hassle and arguments of moving to a new system and having to teach her new things!! :rolleyes:

Just to clarify/reiterate - it's the form factor of the speakers I'm seeking to find whilst trying to preserve and maintain my existing sound quality as a minimum requirement.

Unlike most of us, my wife does not like to see speaker drivers on display so I will need to make use of the covers/grilles. These should ideally be in the same colour as the cabinets. I bought satin white B&W 706 S2's and matching silver speakers but this aesthetic was not hugely welcomed (!) and given the TV screen is black when not in use she seems happier for black speakers to be used.

We have a lot of (light) oak in the other furniture in the room so more oak would most likely be overkill to her eyes (it would not bother me btw).

If I can improve the sound quality by replacing the Paradigms then it would be even better but I do not want to see this significantly diminished.

Thanks again for all your contributions and suggestions.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom