1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Speaker recommendations for iRiver iHP-140

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi Stereo Systems & Separates' started by trotter, Feb 12, 2004.

1. trotter

trotter

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I'm planning to get the iRiver iHP-140 pretty soon and am currently egaging in project ogg to get 400 or so cds coded up..
    :):):)

I'm going to be relacating to another part of the country fo a new job, I want to travel light and so the hp140 will be the perfect jukebox, only problem is i'm not sure what speakers to get.

i want ones that are easily portable, ran off the mains, that don't require a seperate amp (even perhaps multimedia) and was wondering which ones were the best for music.

A 2.1 set would be fine and better if they had an optical in so I could connect the iHP140 digitally.

At this point in the decision process i'm not thinking about price.

any thoughts?

thanks in advance

2. trotter

trotter

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Went for some Bose mediamates. Cheers.

3. Branxx

Branxx
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    The ultimate set of small and ultra high-quality speakers with SPDIF input is Genelec 2029A.

They are not cheap but you have high quality portable player that deserves good match. These speakers are active, i.e. dual 40W+40W amplification is built into each box. Check the web site for the recomended subwoofer for a perfect small 2.1 system.

I have such set for last two years and always get amaised what it can do considering the size and price.