Speaker recommendations for iRiver iHP-140

T

trotter

Hi,

I'm planning to get the iRiver iHP-140 pretty soon and am currently egaging in project ogg to get 400 or so cds coded up..
:):):)

I'm going to be relacating to another part of the country fo a new job, I want to travel light and so the hp140 will be the perfect jukebox, only problem is i'm not sure what speakers to get.

i want ones that are easily portable, ran off the mains, that don't require a seperate amp (even perhaps multimedia) and was wondering which ones were the best for music.

A 2.1 set would be fine and better if they had an optical in so I could connect the iHP140 digitally.

At this point in the decision process i'm not thinking about price.

any thoughts?

thanks in advance

Branxx

Standard Member
The ultimate set of small and ultra high-quality speakers with SPDIF input is Genelec 2029A.

They are not cheap but you have high quality portable player that deserves good match. These speakers are active, i.e. dual 40W+40W amplification is built into each box. Check the web site for the recomended subwoofer for a perfect small 2.1 system.

I have such set for last two years and always get amaised what it can do considering the size and price.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: TCL C815 TV, Denon & Huawei wireless speaker reviews, New Sony 4K PJ's and more
Top Bottom