Speaker Recommendations CD36/C31/P35

C

CyrilD

I auditioned the CD36/C31/P35 this weekend, absolutely fabulous so I'm sold on that! Does anyone have any recommendations on suitable speakers? I'd prefer standmounters but would shift that view in the face of a compelling listening experience and am probably looking at a budget of around £2k. The speakers used for the audition were Wilson Benesch Cuves, very good indeed but more than twice my budget. Should I be thinking about spending more??

My current speakers are Veritas 7s, QED silver anniversary bi-wire from an A85 amp.

Cheers

I have just auditioned the new sonus faber domus concerto on my a32.. Superb in one word. Maybe even the grand piano in your case.

I can highly recommend the Acoustic Energy AE1 Mk3s with that combination, that's what we use in the store to demo the CD36, C31 and P1s all the time. I also have a pair of these speakers at home and they are just outstanding.

Acoustic Energy AE1 Mk3s

Many thanks to Crustyloafer, ruben20, scott brown and RumNYC for your suggestions, very much appreciated.

Regards

Also consider the Totem Hawk/Forrest or the Dynaudio Contour 3.4.

I hear some people who really appreciate the combination Arcam-Totem vs. Dynaudio.

Baltika_no_9 said:
I auditioned the CD36/C31/P35 this weekend, absolutely fabulous so I'm sold on that! Does anyone have any recommendations on suitable speakers? I'd prefer standmounters but would shift that view in the face of a compelling listening experience and am probably looking at a budget of around £2k. The speakers used for the audition were Wilson Benesch Cuves, very good indeed but more than twice my budget. Should I be thinking about spending more??

My current speakers are Veritas 7s, QED silver anniversary bi-wire from an A85 amp.

Cheers
baltika, imho, if you are looking at this SUPER setup you should also be looking at more expensive speakers to keep the set in balance and get the most out of your CD36/C31/P35. This set will drive almost every speaker you can get so you should be looking at 2k per speaker. if you do, you will have a setup to dream of :thumbsup:
go to your dealer(s) and give some brands a try to know what kind of 'sound' you want to hear and then you can downselect some other brands.......

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom