1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Speaker Recommendation with Cyrus 6

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by OldSkoO1, Sep 16, 2005.

1. OldSkoO1

OldSkoO1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +30
    Hi Guys,

I'm looking to add a dedicated stereo into my living room. I have a Denon 500 all in one kit which is absolutly fine for the movies job but pants for music. I've toyed with getting an AV amp but dont think its the right decision at the moment.

I'm looking at adding* a cyrus 6vs and cyrus 6 cd player but i'm not sure which speakers to look at. What do you guys suggest? I wont be playing at very high volumes really i'm not sure the amp can go that loud anyway it only says 40w, the room is box shaped and medium sized maybe 15ftx9ft i guess. They seem to rave about the cyrus being very good for the money, transparent etc and i'd like some good speakers and stands to compliment.

Could you recommend some i can test on demo (maybe some that can be bi-wired as i understand the amp can take it?).

just one more thing :) is there any way i can attatch the speakers to the front left / front right of my dvd amp thingy? It would be ideal but i dont think its possible :(

Thanks guys!

2. dynamic turtle

dynamic turtle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    do a search for this thread: "Recommend speakers for cyrus 8vs system".

should give you some idea ;)

DT

3. OldSkoO1

OldSkoO1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +30
    Well i've read loads of reviews and had a demo of the Cyrus today and just to say i bought it straight away.

I ended up getting the Cyrus 8cdx and 8vs amp. And out of all the speakers i tried i ended up getting the B&W 705'S on the b&w stands which were mighty expensive but i know no better to think that the recommended stands from the reviews would be that much different.

I got a chord interconnect and chord speaker cable. These speakers are superb!!

I listened to some dynaudio's, some bookshelf and then some standmount around 900 to 1000 pounds. But i just didnt like the sound from the dynadio's i'm afraid. It was very detailed but needed some volume to open up and the tonal balance wasn't to my taste.

As soon as i heard the 705's it really made tonnes of difference and suited my taste. My partner even said it sounded amazing and she normally doesn't really take that much interest! The sound is crystal clear and the high end seems very well defined. Timing is excellent and the dynamics too. The Bass/low end is very very tight though, it keeps it in trim but i think the low end could open up slightly but not too much as it would muddy other parts.

If i had to criticise anything i'd be really picky and say the bass doesn't have an incedible drive but maybe thats just my immature ear or the cyrus driving a bit bright. After all it is a bookshelf speaker!!

Hope this may help others :)