• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Speaker recommendation for my Yamaha 671.

hype_male

I have been using bk Gemini 2 with this 5.0 acoustic solution av series speaker i was given many years ago with my yamaha 671. Picture and spec in the link below:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Acoustic-...omeAudioHiFi_HiFiSpeakers&hash=item43b8b7512f

I feel that my current speakers are not getting the best out of the yamaha 671(if the review of how good the 671 is, is anything to go by) so therefore looking for upgrade speaker recommendation to pair and get the best out of my 671. the ascoustic solution speakers and the bk gemini 2 most time didnt blend in well to my ears.

Speaker will be used for movies / music (hip pop, r N b, rap).

I have moved house as well so the room the new set up is going in is about 330 cm long x 250 cm wide so I thinking bookshelf or sat speaker would suit this small more.

I was thinking to get high end speakers but then I thought about my receiver and room size. The speaker I have research into is the dali zensor 1 (for front and back and the zensor vokal center). However, I have also come across monitor audio vector 5.1, mordaunt short alumni 2 5.1 and wharfedale dx 1 hcp, q acoustc 2000i range.

Don't much about speakers to know what makes a good or bad speakers or whether the speakers I have mentioned would go well with my 671 or if they would be an upgrade to my current acosutic solution.

Stretchy

Hi mate. Some excellent speaker choices there and all would suit the 671 well. I have the Q Acoustics 2010i and 2000ci which form part of the 2000i pack and they sound great with my 671,, but I would see if you could change the fronts to the 2020i if you plan to use for music as well, the 2010i are brilliant but a little light on base.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom