Speaker Question

tomson

I recently auditioned the B&W 602, Kef Q1 and Mission 780s. Briefly:

I found the B&W to have better bass over all but could sound a bit boomy at times. As I have a fairly small listening room I thought this could have been bit of a problem... There seemed to be very little between the missions and the kefs - if anything the missions sounded a little more focused than the kefs, both were good speakers tho.

I ended up buying the Missions because the sound appealled to me more than the kefs (some people really dislike the mission sound i know) but I wouldn't exactly say they were any better.

If you have the room go for the 602s.

tomson

If £300 is your absolute max then I'd go for a pair of 601s and some Nexus stands. Most places will discount for cash - if not move on to the next place.

S

sinister_stu

Do they sound sh*t.
What's even more amusing is the fact that they're my parents' stools.

Buy the 602's, you won't regret it. Especially as you have a good amp and a big room.

Never really listened to any mission speakers. Friends have told be that the treble is a bit overwhelming, and the bass tight.

Ian J

Banned
Originally posted by Tejpal
Im not that keen on buying 2nd hand equipment.

Im not sure why, but it kidda spoils the fun.

Thx for the offer anywayz. It is a great deal !
If "not spoiling the fun" is a higher priority than buying the best speakers that you can afford, you can turn down one of the bargains of the month.

gizlaroc

Distinguished Member
don't read too much into reviews, listen to them with your amp.

I have had speakers that i really enjoyed till i upgraded part of the electronics and then they have sounded awful.

you really need to go to a dealer with your amp and try to listen to as many speakers on your list, may need to book a few days off work with that list though ;)

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic HZ2000 OLED TV Review: The best OLED for movie viewing in 2020
Top Bottom