1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Speaker Prolem

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by Arshad, Oct 18, 2003.

1. Arshad

Arshad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My son was playing around and he suddenly pushed one of my large speaker and bang it fell on the floor.

Would the speaker easily damage or break if they fall once or twice?

I checked the speaker nothing has been broken and the sound is still ok but still not sure.

Any ideas?

Thanks

2. jelly

jelly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    batter the kid

3. Arshad

Arshad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Jelly

That's a very nice suggestion, you do that when YOUR son or when you have one push or break one of your things.

I was just asking if the internal parts of the speaker might have been damaged by falling on the floor.

4. alexs2

alexs2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,674
    Ignoring jelly's rather fatuous suggestion,most speakers are internally quite robust.....the drive units are the most likely things to be damaged by a fall like that,and if the bass driver(s)and tweeter appear unharmed,and audibly work as they did before,you've almost certainly had a lucky escape.
    Out of interest,what are the speakers?

5. Arshad

Arshad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Alexs2

I recently bought Mordaunt Short speakers, a package of 5 speakers two front large speakers 906 and 1 centre and 2 surround 302.

I saw alot of other speakers but they were way too expensive and this package was really cheap and looked very nice so I bought them. I'm just newbie at buying speakers so I can't really tell how good the sound is but it sounds quite good to me comparing to the sony home theatre system I had before. I am using it the Onkyo receiver 601 which I also bought recently.

6. alexs2

alexs2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,674
    Ok...reason I was asking was mainly for the build quality...MS usually build to reasonable standards,and as long as nothing appears damaged externally(i.e.no rattles etc from the drive untis or internally)I would think you'll be fine.

7. SanPedro

SanPedro

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +505
    Arshad

I wonder if anyone makes childproof stands or brackets for speakers? My young uns pulled an old Mission bookshelf speaker down and left big dents in it.

Some form of baseplate that could be screwed to a floor somehow would be a good idea.

Chris