• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Speaker power adaptor

Aitch

Standard Member
I have a set of Sony SRS-5B speakers (smalll bookshelf type) which I use with my computer. I have a Sony AC-S164 240v to 6v power adaptor, which has now ceased to operate. Sony tell me they are no longer available and other searches have not turned up any replacement or equivalent. It's unique because it has two power-out leads, which go to each separate speaker. Anyone know of where else I might find one, or equivalent. Speakers are too good not too use. Any info much appreciated.
Aitch

D

Deleted member 30535

IF you look at alternative transformers make sure they are rated at the correct power. Powering speakers can have a large current draw, particularly at 6v.

I saw that a French site had a reference for this transformer and had recently been offered at €158, which by any standards is a hefty transformer!

Be careful!

Aitch

Standard Member
Thanks for the suggestions. I have a Maplins close to me so i'll see what they can do. As it is a 3-pin power adapter, I think the french would be over the top. Thanks anyway,
Aitch

The latest video from AVForums

CES 2023 Round Up: New TV Lineups for 2023 from LG, Samsung, Panasonic, Hisense & TCL
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom