Speaker positions ?? AVR position?? *pics attached*

kenshingintoki

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I need some advice please.
I've bought in KEF Q500s, KEF 200c, Q100s and a denon AVR 3300.

I'm waiting for my speaker wire cutter to come tommorow so until then I need some advice please on how to situate the room. Pictures are enclosed.

I have a Gaming PC, PS4, Wii U, PS3 and BT TV that I'd ideally want to hook up to the TV/AVR. How does an AVR work? Do I just hook up all my devices to the AVR and then run one single HDMI cable to my TV? Can i theoretically just put all my devices onto the rack/cabinet I've shown a picture of?

In terms of speakers, once I've got the stripper, how much wire do you think I should use for each speaker?

fronts - 2-3m?
rears - 6m?
centre - 2-3m?

I'm going to be situating the setup in 2 months to a slightly smaller more rectangular room.

Really excited that this setup is nearly complete for now,, please help!!

also any solutions for elevating the TV above the 200c other than wallmountinf for now?

Attachments

• IMG_5870.JPG
    IMG_5870.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 151
  • IMG_8698 2.JPG
    IMG_8698 2.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 115
Yes, connect all your sources to the Receiver, then Receiver to the display.

As for the speaker cables, use as much as needed. Then allow for pulling the Receiver out of the rack and similar to moving speakers out etc. So leave enough spare on each side.

Yes, connect all your sources to the Receiver, then Receiver to the display.

As for the speaker cables, use as much as needed. Then allow for pulling the Receiver out of the rack and similar to moving speakers out etc. So leave enough spare on each side.

So realistically I should move the shelving unit closer to the TV to run the HDMI to it right?

That would make things easier for you, yes. And possibly more straight forward for using the remote/s for everything.

That would make things easier for you, yes. And possibly more straight forward for using the remote/s for everything.

Thank you!

For speaker wires, would you reccomend banana plugs?

This is all sooooo complicated:(

I have 5.1 speaker setup but no subwoofer (its coming!).. Will the speaker setup work in the meantime?

Banana plugs are a convenience benefit and not a requirement. So much easier and quicker to disconnect should you need to move things out or around etc.

The speaker system will certainly work without the sub, yes.

It may look daunting at first but asking questions here is the right thing to do. After a short while you'll start picking things up ;)

Banana plugs are a convenience benefit and not a requirement. So much easier and quicker to disconnect should you need to move things out or around etc.

The speaker system will certainly work without the sub, yes.

It may look daunting at first but asking questions here is the right thing to do. After a short while you'll start picking things up ;)

Thank you! I'll get them! :)

Also for my surrounds (KEF Q100) could you please reccomend me some speaker stands? I want to use them as the surrounds but I've realised I have no where to put them :((

Have a look at stands at the approx height that you want and have a top plate that is as close to the size of the Q100's foot print.

Atacama do a good range of stands at reasonable prices too.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom