1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Speaker Plugs for denon SD500

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by braiden, Feb 9, 2005.

1. braiden

braiden

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +46
    Firstly Hi To everyone

Secondly after reading many,many post's by the the very kind people in this forum, I today purchased The Denon 500sd.

I am wondering if anyone knows if it's a good idea to try and get plugs for the speakers instead of just inserting the speaker wire, and also is the supplied speaker cable any good or should I uprgade it??

Many Thanks

Braiden :D

2. Radg

Radg
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I think in general plugs are a better solution for speaker cabling as you get a more solid mechanical connection but i think the 500's terminal are fairly flimsy low quality items so i am not sure you would get any benefits.

For the spring clips located on the 500's speakers you really only can use either bare wire or pins. I dont think you would be able to squeeze a banana plug in there.

As for cable i asked as SevenOaks and you get a varied response, some say to definately upgrade, some say there is no point. My view is that if you are willing to spend the cash then upgrade them, especially if you have tight cable runs or if you want to take advantage of the super flat cable for easy install.

Hope this is of some help

3. braiden

braiden

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +46
    Many Thanks Radg :smashin: