• Welcome to AVForums running Xenforo 2.2. The upgrade from 2.1 was successful and finished in just 90 minutes, well before 8am. The most notable changes in 2.2 are listed in this post.

Speaker placement

P

Phil1983

Hi all,

I have just purchased a Panasonic TH-37PX70 and a Yamaha AV61 and was wondering if anyone can give me some advice on speaker placement.

Would the set-up below work?

Thanks!

Stuart Wright

AVForums Founder
Staff member
Look, anything will work more or less. It's just how well it will work.
Having one surround speaker so close and the other so far away won't produce a particularly good sound.
If it were me, I'd get rid of the fireplace and put your screen bang opposite the main seat.
Actually if it were me I would move walls and doors to get the best experience.
I doubt either are going to be an option for you.
It's *always* a matter of compromise when it comes to the sound. Even in a dedicated home cinema.

personally i would direct it all for the main seating area!

as such angle the tv and the front 3 speakers more to that seat rather than equal to both, and then move the right rear surround to where the sub is.

id rather have 2/3 really good seats than 4/6 not getting much surround experience

may be worthwhile moving the sub up front if you can locate it with your ears in its current position

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom