1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Speaker placement

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by davepop, Oct 14, 2002.

1. davepop

davepop
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Does anyone know how close non magnetically shielded speakers can be to a normal CRT TV? Or should I just look for magnetically shielded and put them where I want?:rolleyes:

2. Tejpal

Tejpal

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i keep mine about 1/2 a metre away and the tv is fine, but i am using book shelf speakers on the floor(until i can afford stands).

This means that the magnets are quiet far, But a tall floorstanding speaker may not be able to get this close......

try it and see....

3. juboy

juboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Better to go for magnetically shielded speakers if you can (I think most mainstream manufacturers do this as a matter of course now, due to so many people using speakers for AV duties). Even cheap speakers will now be shielded, in fact, they may be more likely to be shielded than the very expensive 'hi fi only' speakers.

If you really can't get shielded speakers, 0.5m should be a minimum distance away from the TV. Ideally from a sonic point of view and for the sake of your tube, 1m away would be better.

4. davepop

davepop
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Half a meter is just on the borderline of where I can put the speakers. Any more is pushing it because of the size or the room and furniture.
    The speakers I would like are TANNOY REVOLUTION R3's which are floor standers.
    Does anyone know of alternatives which are shielded with a maching centre speaker?:p

5. juboy

juboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Kef Q series, Mission stuff... there's loads really.