Speaker placement

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by lelemis, Jan 4, 2007.

1. lelemis

lelemis

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hopefully some knowledgeable soul out there can help me get the best out of my new Acoustic Energy AEGO T speakers/sub which just arrived today!

As with a lot of people posting threads on this forum (glad to see i'm in good company!:hiya:), i am not really sure how to place my speakers, so if i give you a few details, maybe you can help.

Room is not huge (14' long x 11' wide), the TV is in the in the corner of the north/east corner and the opposite diagonal corner (south/west) is a space under the stairs (which are not in the room) where i have a small sofa. The main viewing sofa is on the south wall (approx 12' away from tv).

I currently have cheap Eltax speakers running through a Pioneer VSX-915 av and they are placed either side of the main sofa on the south wall and the front are on the TV stand and the centre speaker is just sat on the floor!

So my questions are:

where best to place the front, rear and centre speakers (including how far from wall)?
    does height (i.e. below ear/above ear) make any difference?
    should i invest in some good cable - if so, what?
    the speakers have come with wall brackets - should i use these or invest in some stands?
    where should the sub go? (i currently have the sub behind the TV, but not sure if the new sub will fit!)

sorry for the amount of questions, but i hope someone can help a damsel in distress!

x

2. Nobber22

Nobber22

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +111