1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Speaker placement

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by mobily, Nov 29, 2004.

1. mobily

Standard Member

Dec 30, 2003
    Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Hello all :)

I have a sony dav s550 home cinema system and I am quit impressed with it especially for the price of just over £250. I bought it six months ago but after visiting my dad, who has a dav 500, I was wondering what is the best speaker placement to get the best sound?

My dad has his front two speakers very wide apart at and the rear speakers quite far back from the sitting position. I was listening to his system and I thought that the balance was superb and the sound was all around me.

Due to space limitations I have my front two speakers close to the television and my rears just behind the seating position. However after hearing my dads system I think that mine doesn't seem like the sound is all around and that you are fully immersed in the movie or music that is playing. Even in two channel stereo my dads sounded really good.

I would be interested to hear peoples opinions of what is the best speaker placement to make the most out of music and movies.

James :)