Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Speaker placement?

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by mobily, Feb 29, 2004.

1. mobily

mobily

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Hello all,

I have a sony dav 550 and wondered what was the ideal placement of the speakers. At the moment I have the two fronts either side of tv, the centre just underneath the tv and the rears just behind my listening position. However in the manual it says that all speakers bar the sub should be the same distanc away from the listening position. The fronts are 2.8m away and the rears about 0.8m. I think that maybe the fronts should be farther apart so that I get good sound seperation.

At the moment the rears are just behind and at the side of the sofa. Should I have them pointing inwards or at an angle towards the listening position? Finally the sub is on the bottom rung of an equipment rack. Is that an ok position to have it or is it better to have it on the floor?

Thanks for any help,

James :)