1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

speaker placement makes a difference.

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by krusty, Apr 24, 2005.

1. krusty

krusty

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    had a move around today and moved my rel sub to the other side of the room away from its original corner..and to my shock its lost all its boom, and sounds much better, i also moved my mission towers away from my tv sides by at least 3 metres and toe them in slightly ,and yep they sound better! why have all these changes happened. oh and the old using a splitter on a sub [ l/r] caused the sound from my rel to be muddy and dull, i went back to the original 1 cable., no splitter

2. Piers

Piers

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +227
    The sub was almost certainly placed at a room "mode" before you moved it. At the frequency of the mode the sub was giving you a huge peak at your listening position. Having moved it away from the mode things have calmed down at the listening position. This is where an RTA and good software can help.

The mission towers sound to me to have been too close together before you moved them. They are now in the right place so sound better!

3. krusty

krusty

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    im fortunate in the shape of my room, so i can move my speakers about a little. the missions are 773e,s theyre not the best speaker on the market but at the price i got them for they were a good investment . the sub [rel q100e] has been causing me weekends of tweaking nightmares! i never seemed to get it right i was often wondering did my velodyne vx10 ever give me the same problems. but now i found the ideal location for the speakers etc, i know now the rel especially is an amazing peice of equipment even all these years later down its lifespan[ 1997 or 1998 wasnt it?]