1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Speaker Placement- Keff Eggs

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by dochall, Nov 14, 2001.

1. dochall

dochall

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a newish setup and am finally getting round to correctly placing my eggs.

I was planning to put wall mounting the surrounds in the corner of the room, a few inches below the ceiling with them pointed at the main listening position. Thus allowing them to be virtually unobtrusive.

I understand that I should really place them at round ear height but I was wondering if this solution would produce and acceptable soundstage or is it likely to produce a noticeably poor sound.

Thanks

2. Lowrider

Lowrider

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The surround speakers should be higher than ear level, 1 foot above, but some people like them as you intend to do, good for movies, at least when planes come from behind, but not so good for music or people sounds, it may sound heird...

3. flunchy

flunchy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Dochall, my Kef eggs surrounds are mounted in a similar way to the one you propose and they sound fine.

Sure, not ideal for music (but then I listen to stereo music in stereo mode - so don't use the surrounds) but no probs for films. Remember that one of the advantages of the eggs is that they use the Kef Uni-Q driver which has much wider high frequency dispersion than normal speakers. This makes them far more flexible when positioning - you don't have to have them pointing directly at your ears to be in the speaker's 'sweetspot'.