1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Speaker placement help required

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by rags, Jan 13, 2004.

1. rags

rags

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +301
    I am going to wall mount my front speakers tonight and wanted confirmation on the following -

1. Speaker height - I have always tried to get the tweeter to sit at ear level (in the normal listening position). a friends just mentioned that it should be the mid bass driver. I have M&K speakers which feature a tweeter and two identical mid bass drivers in a std configuration. Should I be aiming to get the first midbass driver to sit at ear level as a compromise ?

2. How far apart should the fronts be ? My room is a rectangle shape (18 x 15 ft) and the fronts are going to be wall mounted on one of the 15ft walls. I asume as far apart as possible is not ideal and neither is as close as possible to the tv. Is it possible to work out / calculate the ideal position ?

Regards
    Rags

2. rags

rags

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +301
    Ok just found this on the dolby site which explains things a little bit. However may have a problem as my centre speaker is not going to be wall mounted and will sit on top of the TV about 2ft closer to the listening position than the left and right speakers (overall the listening posiiton is about 13ft away). Dolby dont seem to recommend this as per there website.

On my processor you can set the delay individually for each speaker - given this will this be a huge problem ?

3. wilber

wilber

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +30
    2 ft is nothing in the grand scheme of things, just add a bit of delay / adjust volume as required and it will be fine