1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Speaker Placement Help Please

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by betamac, May 25, 2002.

1. betamac

betamac

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Right now i have a Sony 1070 AMP and 5.1 speaker setup using Mission Speakers as follows
    Fronts: Mission M73
    Rear: Mission M72
    Centre: Mission M7C1
    Subwoofer: Kef PSW1000

I would like to get some Centre rear speakers and the matching set would be the Mission M7DS Best Price i seen is £128.00 i presume thats for a pair Anyone seen em cheaper?>

anyway where would be the perfect place for them right now i have the surround rears on stands slightly behind my listening position, if i put the Centre rears on the wall flush with the ceiling they would be level with the surround rears, but i could move the surround rears slightly forward (level with listening position) what do you guys think?

2. Jase

Jase

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +834
    Hi

The rear centre speaker/s need to be a few feet, at least, behind the normal surround speakers.

I would bring the M72´s forward and have them pointing in at your listening position. Leaving you some space between them and the rear centres.

You could also try the M72´s as the rear centres (on the stands behind you) and put the M7DS at either side of your position, this would probably give you better results for movies.

Worth a try anyway.

cheers