Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Speaker placement for watching TV & Projector

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by TheSeer, Apr 14, 2004.

1. TheSeer

TheSeer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Hello all,

Does anyone here have a 6.1/7.1 set-up that they use for watching digital terrestrial tv on a CRT and that they also use for watching DVD's with a front-projector in the same room.

I'm about to start planning the use of a spare room as a "media" room and ideally I want to be able to use this room to watch normal TV in 6.1 surround with DPLIIx but also to have the potential to put a projector & screen into the room to watch DVD's (eg drop the screen in front of the TV and mount the PJ from the ceiling).

The practical problem I can see relates to the placement of speakers. For Tv the seating position will be further forward than for the PJ and this obviously causes a problem with speaker placements and also delay settings on the AV amp.

I would be grateful if anyone who has managed to achieve this could provide a few pointers as to how they have achieved this combination.

Many thanks

TS