• Welcome to AVForums running Xenforo 2.2. The upgrade from 2.1 was successful and finished in just 90 minutes. We're still rebuilding the database indexes, so searches won't be reliable for a few hours, but we feel it's more important to bring the forums back online. The most notable changes in 2.2 are listed in this post. Thank you for your patience.

Question Speaker placement for av

michaelgordon

I've got a new avr amp and new stereo amp.

I'm planning on doing dirac live calibration for stereo over the weekend and the speakers will be roughly 2.3m apart and 18-20 inches from back wall and about half a meter to left wall and 1m from right wall. I know I have room issues and a basic dirac cal was quite good.

That's the background. My question is would my avr benefit by having the speakers at distance? I have always had my speakers just under the corners of the tv so maybe 60 inches apart. The avr is a Yamaha RR-A3070 I'll be using ypoa, was toying with getting a umik 1 and using rew but that looks complicated.

I did a lot of reading, research and placement to try and get a decent stereo sound, I got part way there without dirac but with it, it was nice. I just need to do a proper one not just a test.

Mr Andy

I have left and right at 30 degrees off centre, that puts them about 2.4m apart (measured from the tweeter. The the TV screen is only 104cm wide. It works well.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom