1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Speaker placement and speaker selection ?

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by jkuper, Jul 19, 2005.

1. jkuper

jkuper

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello,

My first post here and I am not sure if this is the right forum for this question, but....

I am trying to figure out where and what speakers to use for our home theater. The space is pictured below.

[​IMG]

We have a 5.1 prewire done. I was looking for something that will not take a lot of space, look nice and provice good quality sound. Oh, and will not cost a small fortune. :)

I was looking into the in-wall options, but I am not sure that will work due to the right front speaker being on the wall that is at 90* to the primary viewing area. But I also came across the Bose 191 speakers, which have smth called "Stereo Everywhere(r)". http://www.bose.com/controller?event=VIEW_PRODUCT_PAGE_EVENT&product=191_virtuallyinvisible_index&pageName=/home_entertainment/stereo/virtually_invisible/index.jsp Would those be ok?

Are there any other solutions out there for in-wall mounted speakers which can be aimed or am I pretty much stuck with having to get normal speakers?

Also, the rear speakers wires are actually in the ceiling.

Any ideas, suggestions will be greatly appreciated!