1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Speaker packages???

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by adriandonlan, Apr 27, 2001.

1. adriandonlan

adriandonlan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Anyone have any suggestions about speaker packages, or seperates. My budget is around £500 to £600. I currently have a Sony STR940 amp and a Sony 535 DVD player. I've looked at the Mission 2 package, Tannoy MXAV4 package and KEF Q55 package.

Ady

2. swartzy

swartzy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +651
    I have the older Tannoy Mercury series and have heard my friends newer Mx Series.I think the Tannoys are fantastic for the money especially the centre speaker which has an appeal of its own in both clarity and bass.The Tannoys are classed as budget speakers but quite honestly after hearing them in action you would question their budget status.My advice would be to audition as many packages with your own ears within your financial budget then decide for yourself.The only person you need to convince is yourself when it comes down to it.Good Luck no matter what you choose...!

:) swartzy :)

3. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Try to get a demo of the Eltax Chroma speaker package.

I had all but dismissed Eltax as cheapo budget speakers and was about to buy the Mission Cinema 7 package.....I am now glad I opted for the Eltax package.

They are priced at around £600 for the front floorstanders, centre and rear bi-poles...and they are finished in a lovely piano black gloss finish :cool:

The best advice has already been given by swartzy above..listen to as many sets as possible and buy what suits your budget and sounds best to YOU.