1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Speaker package

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by SpuddyMcFuddy, Oct 26, 2002.

1. SpuddyMcFuddy

SpuddyMcFuddy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello,
    I am still trying to build my first system.

I am purchasing a CineMaxx system from Eltax, the 5.0 pack as I already have a sub. However my home amp has 7.1 speaker feature and therefore I would like to plug in a further two surround back speakers.

I was told to buy a pair of bi-polar speakers. Are these really necessary or just better?

I am also looking forsomewhere to buy them from online in the UK. I have tried QED.co.uk and unbeatable.co.uk as well as richtersounds.co.uk which dont't appear to have hige ranges of Eltax speakers only (generally) the packs; which was fine when buying the packs but difficult now I need two more SB speakers. Can anyone tell me a place online to buy individual speakers that would fit the job (in the UK)

thanks a lot
    Paul

2. SpuddyMcFuddy

SpuddyMcFuddy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Basically then.... does anyone know where, online, to buy eltax surround speakers from?

Preferably relatively cheaply.

Thank you

3. acs1

acs1
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If I remember correctly Maplins do some Eltax speakers, not sure what. Richer Sounds have eltax speakers HT2BP for £80 or another set for £150.
    These are the bipolars people say they are good for action films etc but I must admit I have not heard them, so feel free to say something different