speaker package or just a centre?

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by hairyviking, Dec 17, 2001.

1. hairyviking

hairyviking

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

just bought a pioneer dv545 and am now looking for a bit of advice regarding speakers. Can anyone recommend a good speaker package, preferably including amp.

Or alternatively suggest a decent amp and centre speaker to use with my b&W p4 floorstanders as fronts

My budget is around the £350 - £400 mark

cheers folks

Hairy

2. RC

RC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hairy... not sure you'd get anything other than the cheapest, nastiest speaker package for that price, never mind factoring in an amp. In my limited experience, I have found it is best to buy components that I don't want to throw away or upgrade within 20 minutes of getting them in the house, so I either wait, or just buy one good component at a time, rather than doing the whole lot and getting something I don't really like.

There probably is something functional at the prices you suggest, but whether it is enjoyable, I don't know. :(

3. Ian J

Ian J
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,906
    Have a look at the Yamaha Home Cinema In A Box (HTIB40) which is five small speakers and a sub plus a Yamaha amp.

For small speakers it is suprisingly good and is based around a "real" amp and not one of these "all in one" halfway house solutions.