1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Speaker package or individual speakers

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by jta, Sep 16, 2003.

1. jta

jta

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi everyone,
    I have recently bought a Marantz sr5300 amplifier and (once my bank balance has recovered) I want to buy some speakers. I was considering buying the Eltax Liberty 5.1 package from Richer Sounds, but since music is at least as important as home cinema to me I was wondering about buying some decent stereo speakers initially and getting the centre and rear speakers at a later date. Could you let me know your thoughts in the Eltax speakers and also on the plan of buying the stereo speakers first and building from there. Also do you have any recommendations for decent stereo speakers for £250 to £300?

2. sounddog

sounddog

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +461
    As most people on here know i'm a bit B&W Fan.

You can't go far wrong with a set of 602.3 speakers for FL and FR listen to them frist and hear if you like their sound. They are £300 a pair. If you haggle you might get 10% off if your lucky.

Then save up for lcr60 for centre. £200 but worth it.
    Then £200 for 600s3 small rear speakers or £250 for 601s3 which are a bit larger.

Cheers

Steph

3. jta

jta

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I was actually looking at the B&W website this morning, thinking that the floorstanding 603s looked really nice, but I couldn't find any prices so I reckoned that 'if there isn't a price you probaly can't afford it'. I am also keen to buy British if possible so B&W seems like a good company to go for.

4. sounddog

sounddog

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +461
    The 602.5s3 are £400 I think?

I think the 603s3 are around £600

The 602.5 seems a bit of a waste of money just buy a better quality of stand for the 602 and you don't lose any of it's clarity ;)

I haven't heard the new 700 range yet. I want to go and listen to them.

Steph