1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Speaker package for this system

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by mtmcgill, Oct 12, 2005.

1. mtmcgill

mtmcgill

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Can anyone help here.... i have recently bought the Pioneer DV575 with the Yamaha RXV357 and now i need a speaker package for it. I do want them to look good as well.

I have looked at the Pioneer SV24 which seem ok and in my prioce range, £100-150.

Any ideas?

I was alos mulling over having one passive sub as i need one for my sound system which i could just unplug and swap over to the cinema system or vice versa whenever. Any thoughts on subs for both systems?

Cheers

2. mtmcgill

mtmcgill

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    So no ideas people?

im dying here with my old JVC, all in one system, speakers and the sub only has postive and negative connection therefore cant be plugged into my receiver!!!!

kinda like havin a super car with o wheels!!!! please help!

3. pragmatic

pragmatic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,678
    With that price range its difficult to recomend anything, i did have a yamaha 5.1 system and that sounded pretty decent, i believe richer sounds have them in for less than a hundred. If you like what you hear you'll have to save up quite a bit more though for a 'proper' set of speakers somewhere arround the £4-500 mark would be an entry level system from most major speaker manufactureres.

The yamaha kit should include all the speaker cable as well although its only cheap nasty stuff.

4. pragmatic

pragmatic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,678
    The sub will be powered by its own amp so you just send a phono cable to it and it does the job, be warry of speaker kits that have a passive sub, its not really worth bothering with and won't be very sub woofery anyway.

5. mtmcgill

mtmcgill

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    cheers for the response lads.

i only hav a tiny living room anyhow (3x2.5m approx.!), i just want somat which will sound decent with movies. i already hav a super dooper sound system in my kitchen!

looks are a big factor for me as well, but suppose at the £150 range theres not alot going!

might ring richer up and see wot they hav in.

cheers again for the info.