Speaker package for home cinema and music

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by dean01, Jan 2, 2007.

1. dean01

dean01

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi some advice needed please
    i am looking for a speakers 5.1 or 7.1 for around a £1000. that will give great audio as well as home cinema use have looked at audiopro blue diamond monitor audio silver rs, tannoy arena highline or any suggestions would be appreciated on other systems thanks in advance dean
    i have recentlyish purchased pioneer 506xde plasma
    am looking to upgrade speakers and amp from my old system denon avr 2805
    energy 5.1 sub sat speekers

2. zedologist

zedologist
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I demoed an Arcam ARV350 and the B&W MT20 package this wkend along with Kef 3005 and a denon 3207 (I think)

In my opinion the difference between the denon and the arcam amp was well worth the money!! It was just so much clearer!! I was playing music off my ipod and changing from the arcam to the denon was just like somebody had put a couple of pairs of socks over the speakers!! So am really looking forward to buying a decent cd player and hearing the sound quality then!!

As for the speakers I really didn't think there was that much in it!! To my ears the B&W sounded clearer with a bit more detail than the Kefs. But there really wasn't much in it!!

Pick up my ARV350 and MT20's tomorrow can't wait!!!

Alex

3. welshtommo

welshtommo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +179
    I have a Denon 2805 and Kef 5005.1s and I am very happy with them. The two do work very well together. However, I have auditioned the 5005.2s and 3005s with a Denon receiver and they were also both excellent. Listened to some MT20s before Christmas, set up with a Yamaha amp and they too sounded brilliant.
    To my untrained ears, it was difficult to pick out fine differences. Go demo the lot because everybody's ears are different! Of course, your room acoustics will also make a difference......

4. Scott_Mac

Scott_Mac

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +623
    Is the £1000 to include the new amp too? If not whilst the ones above are good, they're certainly more oriented toward to Home Theatre than stereo music... £1000 gets you some good gear, particularly if you look second hand...

I use a pair of Dynaudio Audience 40's as fronts, Audience 42C Centre and Kef Ci130.2QR In Ceiling as rears... total cost is £750 which would leave you some good funding for a BK Electronics sub in my opinion. I personally don't use a sub as i live in an apartment block and it'd be a bit much, plus i'm in the process of swapping over to Dynaudio Focus 110 as fronts and they have plenty of bass for me, ok they don't do the bottom octaves, but hey!

5. Helicon

Helicon
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +261
    The best 5.1 package you'll get for that will be the Quad L-ite package. £995 (maybe an Xmas sale discount too) get's you 5 very musically capable satellites and a cracking sub, probably the best sub to be included in a 5.1 package this side of £2k. Bold statement, but it's kick a**.......and great finishes too. One other plus point is that it's looks won't date like a lot of 'lifestyle' packages.