Speaker package for av receiver - music + film

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by theYman, Nov 2, 2005.

1. theYman

theYman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have considered pairing these speakers with a CA 540c av receiver and the CA music sever;

http://ws4.richersounds.com/showproduct.php?cda=showproduct&pid=SONY-SFCR500H

I will try to listen to them but does anybody have any views? I think I would prefer a couple of floorstanders (as this package includes). These speakers were £300 but I probably shouldn’t be sold on that basis!!!

Are floorstanders going to be better for music than say five of the little ones???

Are these speakers likely to be good for films and music???

Many thanks for help

2. Knyght_byte

Knyght_byte

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +600
    is £150 your current budget?

if so i would recommend you buy a decent pair of proper hifi floorstanders instead, Richer sounds should have some Missions or similar makes that are good for the price or possibly cheaper (older range models they are trying to clear usually, but should be brand new).......

then sometime later on you can save up another £150 and buy a centre speaker and rear speakers.........then a while later buy a sub...

proper floorstanders will act well as a subwoofer in the interim, however the speakers you are looking at may not, they dont have a sub and i wouldnt say they will reach amazing depths, then again i may be wrong.....lol....