speaker package for £400!

E

Elmo76

I only have £400 (£500 the absolute most) to spend on my first av speaker package. I have the cambrdge audio azur 540a amp, philips dvdr75 recorder, and panasonc tx32pd30 tv. What's the best speaker package I could get for this money? advice would be appreciated. ta.

:blush:

rozzar

Yamaha AV Package 25 springs to mind at £300. Gives you a 65WPC 5.1 amp and pretty decent speakers. Not sure why you mention your CA stereo amp??

Flashman

Novice Member
I've just ordered the Mission Cinema 70 package from Empiredirect at £314....It has recieved good reviews.

hornydragon

IS CA a surround amp or stereo and do you have stereo speakers? IF it is a stereo amp then Canton CD1 are top of my list if it is a stereo amp then Yamha DSPE800 processor (BARGAIN) and if you have stereo apeakers, matching centre spaeker and suitable rears if you have no speakers then MS premieres at £300 are worth a look and so are missions if you dont fancy small satellites.

rozzar

CA doesn't make av amps...that Yamaha E800 is outdated (no dpl2, 6.1 facility etc)

B

bobbypunk

yeah but the quality is equivelent (apart from power) to the old DSPAX2 and the gain from DPL2 is questonable. Crap DPL2 will sound worse than good DPL, the quality of the DSPE800 means at the prices it sells at now it's worth sacrificing "extras".

rozzar

i wouldn't pay £200 for a E800 when you could have a Marantz sr4300 for the same amount which will give you 6.1 preouts as well as 6.1 amplification, DD ex, DTS ES 6.1, DPLII and Neo 6 as well as a radio

hornydragon

Build and amp quality of an E800 is far better than that of an SR42/300 If itd for DVD mainly and stereo music the E800 is a much better optionyou can have as many DSP settings as you want but poor amps = poor sound!

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom