speaker options around £300

martin82scott

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi all, thanks in advance.

Basically the in laws want surround sound setup. they are minimalistic when it comes to clutter and not big audio buffs. They enjoy listening to the tv nice and loud (beyond comfort sometimes!) and just have a simple LED, Sky HD and blu ray on a typical glass stand due to downsizing to a smaller house.

Options around £250-£400 very tops for 5.1 please.

original thoughts were Bose companion (no comments...),

soundbar but need sub probably. heard some terrible ones recently!

may be able to stretch a little more but 500 is peak price really. prefer to go more around 300 though

prefer no receiver as such as cost will go up massively and budget on speakers will be pants then.

most appreciated guys. I have only ever installed receivers and speakers rather than compact stuff but was fairly impresses with the companion for audio but the 5.1 flavour is usb software based I believe.

Not too bothered on the music front so that makes things easier. Hope to buy on the high street this weekend too and don't mind a bit of travel.

cheers guys

Last edited:
looking at richer sounds and going to research other places in Cardiff area. if I can get them to push the boat out:
Yamaha PAH011087 | 5.1 Package System excluding DVD Player | Richer Sounds or can we do much better for the money? im not going to get a good amp and speakers at this sort of money I know but I know they will be more than happy with something like this

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom