1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Speaker ontop of reciver ok?.

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by Hysteria, Jun 4, 2004.

1. Hysteria

Hysteria

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm positioning my sats round the room and the only feasable place i can think to put my center is on top the reciver. I'm slightly dubious about this I remeber my brothers technics amp dying when he held a driver over it (long story). Thanks in advance.

2. jeff-o

jeff-o

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well, as long as you don't cover the vents on the top it's probably ok.

3. ddlooping

ddlooping

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Hi Hysteria. :)

Look at it this way: some people are willing to pay £100's for a rack that will isolate their Hi-Fi/AV gear from unwelcome vibrations. ;)

4. Hysteria

Hysteria

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    heh, Better not then, Thanks guys.

5. lhalha

lhalha

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have my centre on top of my reciever...

1. The receiver is on a wooden floor, and the floor is always cool due to my house being old and draughty.
    2. The speaker only covers about 2/3 of the top of the receiver, and the remaining bit at the back is vented as per the front.
    3. The receiver has side and rear vents as well as top.
    4. I have placed some blutac between the speaker and the amp to give it about 1/2 cm clearance, so there is room for air to circulate
    5. I don't ever have my amp up loud enough for long enough for it to get very hot
    6. the power supply of the amp is away from where the speaker is sitting.
    7. the blutac helps to reduce vibration sent into the receiver - again, I never have it very loud so the centre speaker is not moving much.

Ok so it's not ideal but it works for me...

cheers

lhalha

ps I chose this speaker specifically because it would fit in the space that i had... The good thing about it is that it is not as deep as some other centres...

http://www.bwspeakers.com/index.cfm/fuseaction/products.models/label/Model LCR 3